"Grown, harvested, crafted and traded in ways that improve lives and protect the environment"
- Fair Trade Campaigns, 2018
Fair Trade with
Supporting Fair Trade Products not only ensures environmental protection, but equitable pay for farm owners, and safe working conditions for employees. UNCW Campus Dining has been on a journey to become a Fair Trade Certified Campus since 2017.
To receive a Fair Trade designation from Fair Trade Campaigns we are committed to the following goals:
- Maintain a Fair Trade Committee of at least 5 individuals with one non-student advisor
- Provide, at minimum, two Fair Trade products in all campus owned dining locations
- Support or host at least three offices, departments, or events using Fair Trade Products.
- Host four Fair Trade educational events annually
- Pass a resolution through the Student Government Association to be signed by the sitting Chancellor.
We have made great strides in our product offerings, catering operations, and educational outreach. Items in bold are still in progress. To join our committee or volunteer at our next Fair Trade event, contact us at the email below!